Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"From my cold dead hands"--Covies and the regulative principle of worship

As I stated in the first post, a visitor to the RPCNA would first notice the absence of hymnals and musical instruments. This absence is driven by two doctrines: exclusive psalmody which has for its foundation the other doctrine, the regulative principle of worship. Now, I know Wikipedia is not highly regarded in the academy; however, for a quick overview of the regulative principle of worship the Wikipedia entry is actually not bad. And anyway, to spend too much time discussing it would resemble too much the discussions with which I grew up. The end result would be my breaking out in a cold sweat or rocking back and forth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulative_principle_of_worship

No comments:

Post a Comment